Friday, November 11, 2011

Chalk in a new fun way!

Powdered Chalk
Hi everyone today I am here to bring you a fun Technique.

I am sure that you all have worked with chalk before, but have I got something that you are going to love. It is called Chalk-ah-lot and it is powdered chalk. This is a great product as you don't have to spend time scraping chalk off those little squares. This is so convenient and can be used fast and easy. There are several ways to use this chalk. Here are a few ways to use it. Chalk to paper using a Versamark water stamp pad, mix chalk with glue, mix chalk with bubbles, mix chalk with shaving cream, mix chalk with paint and more.




Today, I am going to show you one technique on using this powdered chalk. I am going to mix it with paint. Today I am using Buzz N Magic Paint made by same company that sells the powdered chalk.

Here is the list of supplies that I will be using:

4X4 acrylic block
2 q-tips
Chalk-ah-lot in the color of Foggy
Baby wipe
and my image Dancing mouse
As you can see I printed out the mouse three times in different sizes.







Just to let you all know that this chalk comes in so many colors it is hard to choose. You will have to be like me and get them all. And to say a little goes a long way is an under statement. Once you try Chalk-ah-lot you will not want to go back to the cake form of chalk.
First of all I take the paint and I put a small amount on my acrylic block and then take a little of the chalk and mix it right in. I use one of my q-tips to mix it.





Mix it to the color you want. If you want the color darker just add a little more chalk. Notice I have now snipped the tip off one on my q-tips that is for easier painting as I paint with the q-tips. You don't have to use them but they are easier for me.


I have now painted the first mouse and you can see the color on the paper nicely. I then finish them all up. You can add other colors to this if you wish. I am only using one color in this example. Once your images are finished clean up is a breeze. I just take a baby wipe and the paint just comes off.










There super easy to clean up and you will have a nice finished image. Hope you enjoyed this technique on how to use powdered chalk.
You can find Chalk-Ah-Lot here and they also have a new challenge blog coming in January!   Be a follower and play along with them to win chalk and or stamps. 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Tammylee

2 comments:

  1. I've never used chalk with paper crafts. I have used it to create drawings on pavement or a chalkboard, but that's not the same thing. :)

    There's a lot of different types of chalk available, I've seen them in the craft stores, but I haven't gotten around to using them, eventually I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to use chalk like this! It looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete